Thursday, July 4, 2013

A no meltdown day

All parents celebrate the great accomplishments of their children.  First place at the swim meet, chosen for the soccer team, straight As on their report card.  Celebrating our children's victories makes us feel proud, joyful and builds those great memories.  So what do you do if your children aren't interested in sports, struggle in school and don't like or can't handle group activities?  You find different things to celebrate.  Two days ago my boys had a tantrum free day.  Doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but in my household it was a huge one!  So, I celebrated.  Bryce and I danced in his bedroom and I praised the boys up and down, telling them how proud and happy I was.  Most importantly, I tucked away those precious moments in my memory for all the days to come when tantrums are the norm.  All Hail the tantrum free day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment